evQueue is an open source job scheduler and queueing engine. It features an event-driven C++ engine and a PHP / MySQL web control interface which provides tasks monitoring and creation.
It provides both simple task execution and complex task chaining (workflow) using an easy to use drag & drop web interface. Workflow description includes output linking to input, conditions, loops... Queues management provides an easy way for task parallelization and resource control.
The network API provides an easy way, XML based, for synchronous or asynchronous workflow launching and control, allowing tasks to be launched from external applications or web pages. You can thus execute heavy tasks on a remote (dedicated) machine to save resources on your web frontends while providing live reporing of the treatment to you users.
We now support clustering and high availability using any number of synchronized nodes. Schedules (like cron) can be launched on an elected node to guarantee high availability.
Workflows and tasks can be synchronized to a git repository to allow instant production deployment and history.
2018-11-12 : evQueue 2.1
- Added icons on top level menu
- Fix segfault of Core Engine
- Fix problems with empty looped jobs
- Fix bugs in workflow editor
2017-10-02 : evQueue 2.0
- High availability support in clustered environment.
- Rewritten Drag & Drop interface for workflow edition.
- Dynamic queue concurrency edition.
- Git support.
- Live tasks progression and output monitoring.
- Advanced statistics reports in web interface.
- Core engine now exposes a complete API.
- Added support for client identification on the core engine.
- Support for loops and conditions on inputs.
- Workflow debug mode (restart on error).
- New queue schedulers : prio (priority to oldest tasks) and fifo.
2015-07-08 : evQueue 1.4
- Email notifications and support for plugins.
- Completely rebuilt web interface.
- Workflows import/export.
- The engine can now bind on UNIX socket for local communication.
2015-04-01 : evQueue 1.3
- Added configuration options in the network section.
2015-03-09 : evQueue 1.2
- Support of pipes between tasks. See ls | wc -l example.
- Added loops on tasks.
evQueue is licensed under GPL v3.
The license is available on the GNU.org website.